Friday 28 March 2014

036: Adventures In: Meditating

I would like to say that I am a relativity calm person (when I'm not driving that is) but I never really got into the habit of meditating. I used to do it at school - when our teachers decided that instead of PE we could lay on the gym floor and try to focus on every part of our bodies.

However, since finishing school I have never really had the time to stop and on how my third toe was feeling. Which is quite a shame because that was when I needed it the most (not only my third toe, but the rest of my body as well.) Today however, I decided that it might be the time when I stop and refocus on myself for a while.

To help me with my reconnection I downloaded the Smiling Mind Ap. I always found it difficult to focus on my own, so I liked the idea of having a voice to guide me through the meditating.

Aimed at children, teenagers and young adults, Smiling Mind a tool for the modern age, aiding people in finding a sense of calm, clarity and contentment. I think the program I started in was for beginners, as I quickly fell into the deep stupor of peace and calm, while the program was telling me to focus on my breathing.

I love having something progress my development, telling you exactly how long you have meditated for and what 'level' you are at, but that is merely a bonus to how I was feeling when I returned to the 'real' world once I had completed my daily session plus a little extra, just because I was feeling good.

Next time I will opt out for the music playing in the background and go for a longer session, and although I didn't expect to see a grand difference straight away, I hope to build it into my daily habits and start to feel the difference.

What about you? Do you meditate? Do you have something that helps you get into the zone? I'd love to know

  Kathleen x

No comments:

Post a Comment